Happy Birthday Brittany!

A List Of Almost 31 Things For My Non Twin Birthday Girl

1. You are very open with your blog password. Thanks. It made it easy.
2. You're a sharer. You can't help it. I turned up on your doorstep in 2008, covered in vomit and with all my luggage stolen. You clothed me, Brittany. (That may have been painted slightly more dramatically than it happened but it's true, you can't help but sharing - your clothes, your food, your time, your life. On behalf of all those you've shared with, thank you.)
3. You're a fan of NKOTB and don't think it's strange to dress up in 80s gear and spend a night away from Bible College lining up to see them in action. Even when the rest of Chicago arrived dressed up in all their non-80s Sunday Best (though if I wore what they wore to church, I'd probably be excommunicated on the spot).
4. You hospitalitize like a pro (note the extra syllable, thankfully you dont hospitalize people like a pro,) Your door is always open, sometimes when it should be firmly shut, but still... your house is my house is their house. You taught me a lot about having a welcoming home.
5. You understand girls and women, and you have a unique gift is doing life alongside them, encouraging them in their journey with Jesus.
6. I quote you at least once a month, "Vulnerability breeds vulnerability!" I try and live like that.
7. Your hair is as wild as your personality.
8. You have the best flattest stomach I've seen and now that I am pregnant I think of it often. Hopefully that's not weird.
9. You got me through the my first few months of I-Hate-America-What's-With-All-These-American-Christians-I-Want-To-Go-Back-Home. Partly thought translating the culture for me, and partly through bonding over the oddness of it all. I'm glad we didn't ditch. God Bless The School That DL Moody Founded... and God Bless America.
10. You embrace all types of people. Fully and without question.
11. Your before and after transformation of when you meet with Jesus (and drink coffee) each morning is a daily reminder of his transforming power (and grace in giving us caffeine).
12. Your love for your family is immense. They are very blessed to call you sister/daughter/cousin/aunt/niece.
13. You love Jesus. So much. It's contagious.

... okay, sadly I'm going to have to stop there. I had a ton more to write but I spent the morning throwing up (pregnancy is hard work) and I now have to get ready for my shift. But 13 is 31 in reverse so you know the thought is there. Or something. Happy Birthday Brittany Jo. May all your dreams come true!
From,

Your secret vomitting birthday admirer.

Comments

Popular Posts