He Has a Dream- I Have a Crayon

Following God in this season has been difficult to say the least. It is difficult because I have this faint image of the picture He is painting. Every day He hands me a new beautiful color to paint with,  and then He puts my brush to the canvas and tells me which number to paint.  I can not see the entire painting, only the portion that He has given me to work.

He has given so many different colors to paint with, each color making the others more vibrant. Every color represents a story, a family and life that I am so thankful to join.  I stand in awe as God continues to give me favor with a diverse world.  A part of me is confused each time a random person trusts me with their past hurts, sins, heartaches.  I am overwhelmed with the weight and love that I am privileged to carry, and I want more. I want to know every color, every story, every life. I want my painting to be filled with different shades and hues.

The church is messy, but what a beautiful mess!  Don't give me easy. Don't give me the same.  A painting with one color is no better than a single crayon. I'm going to need the box. I want to be a part of a multi-ethnic church, mentoring women of diverse backgrounds and equipping them to love their Savior for a lifetime.  This is my dream, a dream, I believe, God has given, because it is His dream, a dream that reflects His image.




Comments

Popular Posts