My Sister's Getting Married: The World Spins Madly On

In one week my twin sister will be married. Of my 14 previous bridesmaid gigs, this is my most important venue yet. Normally its easy to fulfill your bridesmaid duties of looking one step less than the bride, but since I look like the bride, she would look bad if I looked bad, so I have to look good and not bad but also look different not the same.  It is very complicated.

My sister getting married to her awesome fiancee, brings up a lot of emotions.  I think it would be unwise to give all of my emotions to a blog, although blogging is therapeutic. (This particular post did minister to my soul: http://coffeeandpuppies.blogspot.com/2014/02/sorry-boo-i-dont-trust-you.html).  In place of an emotion, I shall give you my favorite description.

Imagine opening scene to one of those hip indie movies. There I am laying on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out. Clothing wise I am wearing a super sweet pair of jeans, something that fits with the Indie scene you are already imagining. The 70's style room is spinning around me in a swirl of browns and burnt oranges, chill music is playing, probably the Weepies.  You'd get dizzy if you weren't focusing on my face, which stands still despite the spinning around it.

I am so excited that my sweet sister is starting a new amazing chapter of her life and choosing a new partner, but as I lay still... the world spins madly on. 


Comments

Popular Posts